Maintenance Downtime Announcements

I will post here whenever I need to take down the site for adding or removing a plugin or other server maintenance. Generally, downtime should be no longer than 5-10 minutes when rebuilding the Discourse container. Once we have finished the migration process in the next few months, I will try to schedule these in the very early morning (North America).

1 Like

Unplanned downtime set for 2022/01/17 - 11:35-11:50 AM EST. Installing marketplace plugin and sundry Discourse maintenance tasks.

Oh good, I was wondering why I was getting an error 503. Glad to see it was temporary.

Unscheduled maintenance set for 2022/01/17, 10:05 PM - 10:15 PM EST. Removing broken “Quick Messages” plugin (Quick Messages Plugin - plugin - Discourse Meta).

@everyone: Unscheduled maintenance set for 2022/01/18, 1:25 PM - 1:45 PM EST. Updating Discourse to patch the bug that broke the uploading of profile images.

@everyone: The update method normally does not require downtime unless explicitly adding or removing a plugin which requires running a script in the backend. Since this is an update only to fix the profile image upload bug, the server has remained online as you might have noticed. Another plus for using Discourse I suppose!

@everyone: Profile image uploading is now patched and working as expected. You will need to refresh your browser session for the fix to take effect. So either close the tab or refresh the tab you have open with the forum and you will now all be able to add your profile images!

@everyone: Unscheduled maintenance to add “Formatting toolbar” plug-in set for 2022/01/19, 1:00 PM - 1:15 PM EST.

@everyone. Maintenance completed.

1 Like

@everyone (@trust_level_0): Unscheduled maintenance downtime from 3:20 PM to 3:30 PM EST, 2022/01/22. Installing OAuth login plugins as an additional workaround for email registration issues. You should be able to use Microsoft, Google, Facebook, Twitter, Steam, LinkedIn, Amazon accounts, etc., for login.

1 Like

@everyone (@trust_level_0): Maintenance completed. Back online.

Oohh that’s very convenient! I’m thinking that will lower the barrier to entry, let’s see if it causes an uptick in new users. Great work!

@everyone (@trust_level_0): Unscheduled maintenance downtime from 10:25 AM to 10:35 AM EST, 2022/01/25. Removing Discourse Custom Wizard plugin which is potentially impacting the rendering of emojis in the emoji picker.

Maintenance completed. And the minor issue where some of the emojis weren’t rendering is resolved.

@everyone (@trust_level_0): Unscheduled maintenance planned for 1:15 AM-1:25 AM EST, 2022/01/28. Installing chat plugin. :speech_balloon:

@everyone (@trust_level_0): Maintenance successfully completed.

@everyone (@trust_level_0): Site down to add Hubot chatbot support. So we can now have a magic eight-ball for guessing when @dstrauss switches to another device. OK, I kid. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hubot Adapter for Discourse - plugin / extras - Discourse Meta
hubot-scripts/eight-ball.coffee at master · github/hubot-scripts

1 Like

@everyone (@trust_level_0): Maintenance successfully completed.

5 Likes

@everyone (@trust_level_0): The server outage has been fully resolved. Sorry for the temporary slowness or inaccessibility you may have experienced for a couple hours earlier today.

2 Likes

You work WAY TOO HARD for this volunteer side job?

3 Likes