Lenovo Yoga Book 9i

Well, here we are more than a month later and no new info about the YB 9i - so typical Lenovo - a great, splashy, multi-thumbs up hands on pre-reviews, then ghostly silence…

Maybe they are refining that keyboard with a trackpoint…or

Maybe Microsoft will kick this competitor to the curb and bring us the Neo we REALLY WANT!

PS - some interesting thoughts at Unbox Therapy

3 Likes

Anymore word on the availability?

The original announcement said June 2023, so still about two months away even if they’re on schedule.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t hold me breath for a NEO revival.

Microsoft seems hell bent on the “Do more with less”

But this video makes me want the 9i more then ever.

I like how they incorporated the speaker in the hinge and showed some nifty use cases…like drawing on the bottom screen while watching a drawing tutorial on top. And being able to couple the Pen, Kickstand, keyboard all together is equally a nice touch.

3 Likes

OK For some reason I thought they said April.
Thanks

1 Like

Best Buy has it listed on their website.
Says coming soon:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-yoga-book-9i-2-in-1-13-3-2-8k-dual-screen-oled-touch-laptop-intel-core-i7-1355u-with-16gb-memory-512gb-ssd-tidal-teal/6533947.p?skuId=6533947
No idea what "soon"means, but they must be expecting them to arrive at some point

4 Likes

It’s showing release date as 06/18/23…

2 Likes

It has been a while since new tech had me this excited. Unfortunately it will probably take a while before being available in Japan. In the mean time I have to live vivaciously through the rest of you.

2 Likes

Since I know the difficulties of learning/speaking a language other than one’s mother tongue, please allow me to point out, that as charming as that sentiment is, the usual usage here would be vicariously (in a way that is experienced in the imagination through the actions of another person) rather than vivaciously (attractively lively and animated (typically used of a woman)) (though maybe it was auto-correct which caused this conflation?)

3 Likes

Being a woman I thought it appropriate. Guess I was wrong.

3 Likes

@Kumabjorn - you just live as vivaciously as you want!

3 Likes

Your vivacity is not in doubt — it’s the idea that you could increase or enhance yours by emulating us stodgy old geeks (who are mostly of the wrong gender to be vivacious) which didn’t seem to fit linguistically.

If the discussion of language wasn’t helpful, I retract it, and tender my most abject apologies.

It was definitely helpful, the second I saw vicariously I realized that I’d gone for the wrong word. Self loathing explain the reaction.

4 Likes

I’m vicariously offended on your behalf.

3 Likes

I was vacillating on whether to upvote that comment.

2 Likes

Don’t we have enough of proxy offended people in today’s society? No need to introduce it into tech. I’m grateful when people correct me, the Japanese hardly ever do it, thinking it is offensive.

6 Likes

No, no, no. You see, I know best and will officially be representing your feelings from now on.

Joking aside, it’s becoming a serious issue.

Also, there are too many good words beginning with ‘v’. Vicarious, vivacious, veracious, verocious, voluptuous…

1 Like

Looks like the BestBuy page is up now with a June 16th release date and a $2000USD price tag.

1 Like

Also a bunch of unboxing videos, doesn’t that mean SKUs are on sale now?
If it hits the $1500 mark I will be between a rock and a creek with a Fold 5.

1 Like

All the unboxings I’ve seen so far are review units.

1 Like