Lenovo X1 Fold 2nd gen (2022)

Holy smokes!
500 extra smackaroos?
That has to fall under some code about highway robbery.

4 Likes

I’m with @Kumabjorn: SOO much techlust.

4 Likes

Wait a minute - Apple charges $349 for the Magic Keyboard and $129 for the Pencil -

THAT’S TOO D@MN HIGH!

2 Likes

Yes, I listened to his rant on the latest Windows Weakly too.

He is one PARANOID and INSECURE dude. Granted Windows 8 turned out to be a disaster (not near as bad as Bob or Vista) but he turned it into the ultimate “See, I’m always right, and only my opinion matters!” I’ve ever seen him give.

1 Like

Egads, that might be even worse than my Lenovo Yoga 9 was. It’s wobble city when his lines go diagonal to the screen, and he’s not even drawing slowly.

4 Likes

I get why the new generation (this and the asus) are going for a more traditional laptop size when folded, but I have such a soft spot for the paperback book/netbook size, I really hope someone will still make a smaller option.

6 Likes

4 Likes

I would LOOOOOOVE to see the Neo actually happen. But I’d really like to see Samsung make a foldable with EMR s-pen. I don’t even care if it runs windows or android at this point.

5 Likes

You know, I hadn’t really thought much about a foldable tablet, but that’s an interesting idea. So far, I’ve felt like foldable phones are much heavier and thicker than I’d want for typical 1 handed use. And to keep in my pocket all the time. And for me, I’ve been pushing for smaller phones for quite a while. I love my iphone mini 13, and had an SE for ages.

But a foldable tablet is altogether a different use case that might be more easily adapted. I don’t carry a tablet in my pocket- its in my bag. An when I use it, it’s in my hands or on a table, not against my face. So weight and size would mean less. I wonder if it would open up additional use cases or not?

2 Likes

Since you can lay it flat on a table as a large screen for shared viewing, I imagine it would be perfect for planning a heist! :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Can’t help but feel a little sorry for Asus and their Fold 17. Timing (and pricing) couldn’t be worse.
On the other hand I might be a tad gleeful when I say “Neo, we don’t need no stinking Neo”.

I was a little surprised to find out today that this still hasn’t released yet. Apparently it’s coming Spring 2023 still, but who knows. Seems pretty late to be releasing a 12th gen Intel device either way, I wonder what the holdup was.

2 Likes

Wondering the same.

Let’s add it to the list of MIA devices.

2 Likes

Wondering indeed, but still hoping it will make it … :slight_smile:

Well, given the last time I bought a laptop was in 2013 (Acer R7-572), I took the jump on the X1 fold 16.

It is not the easel, but I love how compact and light it is. I also love the 16" screen and the flexibility to work in portrait or landscape mode.

And in 12" clamshell configuration, I also love that I can either put the actual keyboard for use as a traditional laptop, or keep the whole screen on and use the onscreen keyboard.

If anybody has questions, feel free.

Now speaking of Touch Keyboard (the one that comes up when clicking the icon on the taskbar):
I am hitting a quirk that was also reported by some surface users, and I am not sure what is causing it.

When I open the Touch keyboard, it docks itself at the very bottom of the screen, covering the taskbar which is impractical.
There is an undock button next to the X, but when I do that, it floats the small version of the keyboard (phone size…). If I then try to select the default or standard size, it docks the keyboard back at the bottom of the screen.

Right now, my only solution is using the old onscreen keyboard (CTRL + WIN + O), that floats and resizes, but is in a bit dingy and has lagging click sounds…

If anyone ever encountered the Touch keyboard problem I describe, let me know if you found what causes it.
Thanks

5 Likes