iPad Mini 6 + Nebo = Newton Nostalgia

I’ll just leave this here:

2 Likes

Nebo is an amazingly well-done app, and I just wish that it had Newton intelligence (and the “Poof” delete animation).

Really hoping that it, or something like to it will eventually run on the Kindle Scribe.

1 Like

True. I never made it a regular part of my workflow because I find the artificial separation of “document” (where the gestures & handwriting recognition dwell) and “page” (freeform drawing canvas) artificially constraining.

I’m still waiting for the pure “object” architecture we were promised so long ago - where a single input canvas “knows” what app a piece of input belongs in without us having to open the underlying app itself. Tap a line with a checkbox in it and it links to MS To Do, tap a line with a date/time in it and it is calendared, double tap and choose the meeting to link the note with it.

“Ah, but a man’s reach should exceed his grasp, Or what’s a heaven for?”

• Robert Browning
2 Likes

Very nice! I tried it out on my Duo and it was flawless in recognizing my awful handwriting. I got a refund though because it’s not one payment across platforms, so I would have to buy it again on the iPad, and because the only cloud sync options were for Google Drive and DropBox (I won’t add either to my iPad). OneDrive never gets any love, does it? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes