[SOLD] Sold: Surface Pro 8 i5/16GB/1TB with Keyboard, slim pen, warranty

After “donating” my MBP14 to a needy family member, and despite four successful days with the SP8, Apple won (AGAIN) with the help of Best Buy ($1599 for a binned special). The Surface Pro 8 goes to eBay Heaven (or h*ll as I usually call it) on Friday for a Labor Day try, but with a stop here for my friends.

1. Surface Pro 8 [Graphite; i5; Windows 11; 16gb RAM; 1tb SSD (a Kioxia (Toshiba) which came from original owner along with the original Microsoft 256gb drive and USB restore drive); WiFi only]; black Alcantara Type Cover and Surface Slim Pen; and Surface Dock 1 (the original model); original retail boxes.

2. Used, with Microsoft complete care warranty until 10/06/2023

3. Pictures

IMG_4478
IMG_4479
IMG_4484
IMG_4488
IMG_4487
IMG_4490
IMG_4492
IMG_4499
IMG_4498

1. Price - $1050 (eBay listing will be $1250)

2. PayPal (friends and family) or cleared check pre-payment

3. U.S. Sales Only - Priority Mail Medium Rate Box (Seller Paid)

4. eBay User dkstrauss (since 06/10/98 - 334 /100%)

5. Additional comments about the item: Reason for sale and warranty information are above. It’s a great system, but I drank the Apple Kool-Aid and with this sale will be sentenced to Apple-traz (with a smile on my face).

Attention Buyers: Please do not offer less than what the original poster asked for unless they specify “Best Offer” or “Nearest Offer”. If you have a question about the price of an item please private message the original poster.

6 Likes

Great deal yet again! Let me think, how much to I really like my SLS? :vb-grin:

2 Likes

With the rumor that August 4th is AMD’s big “reveal day,” I might have a 5950X and a 3090 FE on here for sale to offload to the community in preparation for upgrading to a 7950X and next-gen NVIDIA or AMD card in next couple of months.

2 Likes

Hey - move along old buddy - don’t jinx my sale…

4 Likes

Might be good to rename the thread to something less fun, like “For sale: Surface Pro 8 16GB/1TB with Keyboard, slim pen, warranty”

2 Likes

Thanks - good suggestion.

1 Like

I noticed this post shows “closed” (lock icon next to the title). I tried to unlock/reopen it, but I only saw an option “close”. I closed and reopened it (turned it off and on again…:slight_smile: ), but no change. So not sure if non-mods can post here now tbh.

OK, figured it out, I had to “unarchive” it.

1 Like

I can post. :smile_cat:

1 Like

I need to learn to quit posting - my whipsawing is giving me whiplash, and boring to all concerned…

3 Likes

Disagree! I find your ongoing saga endlessly entertaining, and a good excuse to rethink my device choices on a near weekly basis. :sweat_smile: Plus we get some good deals out of it. I say keep it going!

1 Like

Seriously, as I wrote elsewhere you might consider just keeping it. Cheaper in the long run than buying/reselling.

I don’t like to think about the wasted money as I flip-flopped all over the place in the past year and a half. Hopefully with my full-on Apple ecosystem plus a capable Windows laptop for light gaming & anything else Windows-only I can settle down until I actually need an upgrade. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

How’d you ever manage to do that…

It’s way too soon to claim I’ve accomplished anything. Ask again in six months if I haven’t switched devices again without it being an upgrade of my current setup. (e.g. I planned from the outset to move up to a better Mac mini eventually.)

1 Like

Dale,

I’ll take it if its still available at that price. I have some money in paypal that I was paid and I don’t know how to access it but I’m sure I can figure it out. My youngest daughter is looking for a notebook and I think this would be perfect for her.

Lou

4 Likes

SOLD! Thanks old buddy.

To @Bronsky? Feeling nosy today😁

1 Like

Yes - the lucky winner!

Is it necessary to “archive” these posts? Just changing the title to “Sold” has pretty much the same effect I’d think. Reason for not archiving: it looks like archiving removes those funny reaction emoji. :vb-unhappy:

Do with it what you like Master Yoda…I’m just in happy camp with my MBP14 again…