Flying cars

The most convincing flying car to date ‘Air Car’ got its flying certification and could go on sale on the next 12 months

‘AirCar’ that can transform from a road vehicle into a plane is certified to fly | Daily Mail Online

1 Like

I can’t get past just how cool this looks!

2 Likes

Now next thing to implement is air traffic control. :grin:

Passenger planes was able to avoid each other with the monitoring of airport centers, surely they wouldn’t be able to do that with millions of personal vehicles. Unlike road traffic, even light collision in the air could be fatal.

The autopilot should at least be smart enough to direct your flying car away from prohibited or dangerous areas like airport ( to avoid collisions to airplanes) and governmental buildings. Flying car should have a good radar to detect and avoid other flying objects from faraway ( bird attack anyone?).

All flying cars might have to be installed a tracking GPS, sending a control center that can sync the location of all nearby flying cars and devise the best flying course for all of them. Even when we can develop such a powerful AI system, there’s a problem of range such a system can reach, and privacy.

This flying car is cool and all, but I wouldn’t want to sit on it if the driver is not a seasoned pilot. :grinning:

1 Like

Nah! Count me out. Airplanes are scary enough; don’t need another heart attack. Thanks, but no thanks. I’ll just stick to the road.

3 Likes

I’ve long dreamed of being a pilot.

Perhaps one day I’ll get a PPL, but I doubt I’ll ever be able to afford one of these!

And besides, I’d still want to get an Aston Martin first.

2 Likes

Next century…

2 Likes