Cheese

For all the very important cheese related discussion.

3 Likes

My top five cheeses:

1. Wensleydale
  2. Appledore
  3. Brie
  4. A good sharp cheddar
  5. Stilton
2 Likes
  1. Västerbotten
  2. Roquefort
  3. Gorgonzola
  4. Parmigiano
  5. Gruyvère
2 Likes

Cheese prices in Japan though… :sob:

Gold is cheaper by the weight.

2 Likes

Kraft American Singles
Velveeta
Cheese Whiz
Queso
Mozzarella
(Courtesy the American Fast Food Chain Palette)

3 Likes

That’s nostalgic. I grew up on inexpensive “American cheese” since my parents were lower middle class and they had five kids. I still buy it occasionally for the “Mom’s cooking” memories. Or if I’m being cheap. (Though no cheese is particularly cheap nowadays.)

1 Like

Mozzarella because it’s good alone or on top of anything.
And I didn’t have much opportunities to try out other type because import price…

1 Like

Halloumi and other goat/sheep cheeses, local French cheeses, brie, mozzarella, parmesan. I try to avoid the supermarket cheeses, some of them have more in common with butter and/or potatoe starch than actual cheese.

Wensleydale, Appledore and Gruyvère also look tasty.

2 Likes

A whole mini wheel of baked goat’s cheese with caramelised red onions and sun-dried tomatoes…

4 Likes

I only see ONE cheese on that list…

1 Like

Cheese-like substances that nevertheless are tasty to those of us with mere plebeian taste buds. :vibing_cat:

2 Likes

You can get a whole TWO POUND block of pretty good sharp cheddar at Sam’s for $6.58 and Tillamook Medium Cheddar Cheese (2.5 lbs.) for $9.98 - patricians need not apply…

2 Likes

Here is my list of favorites which as you can tell are more mainline and conventional. I will say that I am especially fond of William’s brand cheese that heralds from my home state.

1. Smoked Gouda
  2. Pepper jack
  3. Provolone
  4. Goat cheese
  5. Cheddar
2 Likes

Kind of an unexpected thread on here! But probably good to move it out of the iPad Pro M2 thread. :joy:

I’m going with

1. Old Gouda
  2. Medium age Gouda
  3. Parrano (tastes like Gouda)
  4. Manchego
  5. Feta
  6. Young Gouda

I mean I love some parmesan on my pasta, but don’t eat it on its own.

4 Likes

Gouda! Man, that is my real top but somehow I forgot about it so thanks for the indirect reminder as I am amending now! My all-time favorite is smoked gouda.

1 Like

So let me get this straight… you like Gouda? I have a suspicion you like Gouda.

3 Likes

I can imagine, smoked foods are flavourful anyway :yum:

1 Like

Gouda is by far the best cheese. A good smoked Gouda is my favorite.

I also enjoy a good Muenster, smoked Provolone, Gruyere, and fresh Mozzarella.

A well aged parmesan also, so good.

Sharp Cheddar is also fantastic, especially a sharp white Cheddar. Smoked Cheddar is also pretty great.

Goat cheeses can be hit or miss. There are some good ones out there, but there are a lot that are just a little too funky for my taste.

Basically, cheese is amazing though.

2 Likes

I’m beginning to think cheese could reunite this divided world! :slight_smile:

3 Likes