Cancelling subscriptions-Sirius XM

So I suspect like many here, I have multiple streaming services of which get varying use.

One of which is Sirius Satellite radio. I used it a lot when I first got my current vehicle, but now, not so much.

Plus since my apple music subscription now has curated music stations, I use it even less.

So trying to cancel it is like traveling back 80s and a Columbia House record subscription in that trying to cancel is way more difficult than it should be :rage:

I guess they still havenā€™t gotten the message that making it that difficult is a sure way to ensure that customers wonā€™t ever want to return.

BTW: Columbia house was notorious for a lot of shady business practices back in the day including putting black marks on your credit report. Something my brother didnā€™t discover until years later when he went to buy his first house.

OTOH NetFlix and MS seem to mostly make it simple, though Iā€™ve heard that they occasionally will bill for an additional month before it goes in to effect.

2 Likes

A-men! My local paper had a good deal once, but after the ordeal of canceling the dang subscription, Iā€™ve never again taken them up on another one in already five years.

1 Like

If you ordered the ā€œfreeā€ records, you were in, much like the mob, for the rest of your life.

2 Likes

Unless you cancelled when you were still under 18. :slight_smile: Then you were set!

1 Like

And heaven forbid if you ever forgot to ā€œrefuseā€ the album of the month - they had you where it hurts the mostā€¦

1 Like