Boox teases big color

On the other hand, it kind of sounds better than a load of insincere superlatives.

4 Likes

Could you take a photo comparison showing the difference in b&w content? I’ve been debating this very point, wondering if I should go for a pure b&w ereader, but always getting wooed back by the allure of colour.

1 Like

Google Photos

Ultra C on the left. Built in lights off on both.

2 Likes

Thanks @Helix_cb! Excellent shot.

I’ve heard it said that Kaleido screens always require at least some frontlighting for good contrast. Do you have a cold+warm frontlight setting you always have the C at for comparable contrast to the B? What’s the impact on the typical battery life you’re getting on the C vs the B?

Sorry for the barrage of questions on the new guy :stuck_out_tongue: (but you have only yourself to blame for being such an ereader nerd that you have BOTH Tab Ultras! )

2 Likes

I generally set both front lights (cold and warm) to about half on the C to approximate the Ultra. Its not ideal though. To get good color you really do need bright light or almost maxed out built in lights.
Battery life on both is good, with or without lights. Its not comparable to a Kindle but is also much much better than a standard Android tablet.

2 Likes

I love my Color Boox Nova 3. It is my goto notepad for taking general notes and my only reader. If it was faster, I could probalby do away with the Pro X on the go and use only the Boox. But the e-ink display is too damn slow for real work and anything other than note taking or reading.

1 Like