Boox teases big color

Oh how I hope this is a 10" color eink tablet.

5 Likes

It’s here! 10.3”, color, $600. Looks very nice.

2 Likes

I guess Microsoft let their trademark on “Tablet PC” lapse?

If I hadn’t just blown all my discretionary funds on Xenoblade soundtracks, I’d be sorely tempted if I could figure out what Android apps would actually let me get a significant portion of my work done.

2 Likes

Isn’t Kaleidoscope the e-ink screen that gets kind of blurry?

2 Likes

Sort of. The black is still 300 dpi but the color bits are only 150 dpi. I believe it used to be worse in the earlier versions, like 100 dpi for the color. This one’s the third generation.

2 Likes

I wonder if their going to update their 8"? With a mSD card slot as well would be nice.

1 Like

£620/€699,99 for the keyboard bundle though. Ouch.

It does seem to check all the boxes though, and Onyx do have a reputation for the best software…

3 Likes

This really looks interesting, but you have to love marketing departments:

The new Kaleido 3¹ screen’s soothing and soft tones

Translation - dull and muted?

Wow - Early Bird Bundle already sold out…

3 Likes

“Pastel colors balance focus and joy”

I mean, I want one, but I’m not sure I $600 want one. Especially with a few other recent acquisitions, my current stash is getting a bit out hand.

4 Likes

After all the early reviews came out glowing, I guess I did $600 want one because UPS has something coming for me, hopefully later this morning.

7 Likes

Can’t and haven’t been able to order it in the UK. :expressionless:

I don’t trust BigMe with theirs (suspiciously came out with a rival product very quickly, and they another a few days ago), and the reviews aren’t great.

Here we go!

6 Likes

This is VERY nice.

5 Likes

It does look nice. Any faster than my Nova 3 Color?

I’m still setting it up, but it feels significantly faster. Text is so clear on the pdfs I’ve moved over so far.

4 Likes

I noticed that Voja’s latest hands-on hasn’t been posted yet. Here it is:

3 Likes

Thanks for the vicarious unboxing experience! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

His unboxing and hands on is more detailed that most reviews.

4 Likes

Unfortunately his English vocabulary isn’t the most wide ranging so all his “very, very, very” become kind of repetitive.

2 Likes