AYA Neo Air Plus

It went live and sold out of Q4 reservations last night. I missed it. Or maybe not? See edit.

EDIT: I guess the “sold out” button is their way of putting the reservations on hold. According to folks on Reddit r/LokiHandheld it’s going to open up at 9PM EST today, June 1st.

1 Like

Aya Neo 2 GEEK will have the same specs as the Loki Max. First shipments February 28 2023 vs Q4, respectively. Not that I have any confidence that these ship dates won’t slide. A lot. And/or the initial shipments will be very small with second shipments months later. Etc. Good discount for existing customers on the Aya ($110 off). For new customers like me it’s the same $799 as the Loki Max.

1 Like

The Ayn Loki Max is off the table now. They switched from a $25 reservation to the full amount up front at the last moment. Maybe it’s not technically a bait and switch but it feels like one. I can’t trust a company like that.

I’ll turn my eyes towards the Aya Neo 2. … and put in an order for a 512GB Steam Deck as backup in case that one goes sour or too delayed.

Edit:

They switched from this…

… to this right at 9pm EDT, after ten or 15 minutes of 404 pages

1 Like

Ayaneo Air plus revealed. 249$ entry level will be Pentium Gold device. Intel i3 vs the Mendocino chip could be a difficult choice, both at 299$

I doubt I could import any of those that would arrive in one piece though.

2 Likes

The AYA Neo 2 and AYA Neo 2 Geek way look better spec-wise anyway. Each will have hall sensor-based joysticks (not just hall sensor shoulder buttons as in the case of the Loki Max), meaning the Neo 2 family’s joysticks will be devoid of potentiometers and therefore should never have any sensor wear or sag.

1 Like

Agreed. I looked to the Ayn Loki first because delivery was “Q4” and the Aya Neo 2 GEEK was listed as February 28. Arthur of Aya corrected that date yesterday, however, to November 28th. So things are good as long as it’s not stupidly difficult to get one before they’re sold out/pushed out to months and months farther away (looking at you, Steam).

2 Likes

I can’t really take AYN seriously when its name sound like the abbreviation of Aya Neo (a previously established company with decent success). I love cheap stuff but not untrustworthy sources.

3 Likes

That little switcheroo was enough to show their true colors to me. :vb-agree:

2 Likes