Asus ROG Flow Z13 (2022)

Linus Tech Tips recently did a ShortCircuit previewing this Surface Pro-alike with an external laptop 3080 egpu expansion option via semi-proprietary connector (esata + usb-c).

Tech Specs According to Notebook Check
Processor: Intel Core i7-12700H 14 x 1.7 - 4.7 GHz, Alder Lake-P
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop GPU - 4096 MB, Core: 1107 MHz, 40 W TDP ( including 5 W Dynamic Boost), GDDR6
Memory: 16GB, DDR5
Display: 13.40 inch 16:10, 1920 x 1200 pixel 169 PPI, Capacitive, native pen support, IPS, glossy: yes, detachable screen, 120 Hz
Storage: 512GB SSD
Connections: 1 USB 2.0, 1 USB 3.0 / 3.1 Gen1, 1 Thunderbolt, 1 Docking Station Port, 3.5mm Audio Combo Jack, microSD Card Reader, 1 Fingerprint Reader
Networking: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax (a/b/g/n = Wi-Fi 4/ac = Wi-Fi 5/ax = Wi-Fi 6), Bluetooth 5.2
Size: height x width x depth (in mm): 17.6 x 302 x 220 ( = 0.69 x 11.89 x 8.66 in)
Battery: 56 Wh Lithium-Ion, 4-cell
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Home

Asus Page: ROG Flow Z13 (2022) | Gaming Laptops|ROG - Republic of Gamers|ROG Global

I have an issue with the title. MS slapped an nvidia card into the Surface Book range. They kept them apart. MS ‘could’ have stuck an nvidia card into the Surface, but that line headed towards thin and light.

Clickbait title.

I’m still tempted, but the price is crazy.

1 Like

Pricing for the tablet itself with its GTX 3050, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD configuration is about on par with the pricing of a similarly specced Surface Studio Laptop, around $1800, just with a more advanced intel 12th generation, 20 thread, higher TPD P-series CPU. So its not too unreasonable, in so much as Microsoft products were always premium priced and Asus is hoping to match this with their ROG line.

The main issue for me is there is no pricing for the eGPU yet and knowing the GPU market I expect that to be like half the price of the main device again, holy moly I expect the eGPU to be expensive, but nothing is announced just yet.

The connector is USB-C+PCIE, not e-Sata :slight_smile:

The eGPUs are already out. It uses the same combo port as the X13. It’s just an AMD version that has yet to be released yet.

And yes, they are almost as much as the device itself.

A Z13 arrived into the building, yesterday. It will leave the building today.

I might be missing something, but the backspace and return key on the keyboard should work ‘without’ pressing Shift. Very odd issue. Shame as it seemed like a really solid machine.

1 Like

That’s bizarre! :astonished:

1 Like

The biggest news from Trump’s New York trial today is the fact that one of his lawyers showed up with a “glowing” Asus ROG at counsel table. Now you all know why we are so careful to select professional looking devices.

4 Likes

I must say, I wouldn’t have guessed she were a gamer.

Perhaps I should rein in being so judgemental.

2 Likes