Acer Spin 3 and Spin 5 convertibles 2022

Acer released a couple of new convertibles:

Any takers?

‘Hum, this article seems to just be a rehashed press release…’

checks author

Ahhhhh.

1 Like

“Acer Active Stylus with Wacom AES 1.0” does Samsung have that tight of a grip on EMR that no one else can use the superior version?

I’m obviously not privy to Samsung’s dealings with Wacom, but it’s likely that they a) have a good deal with them (in part helped by owning shares), and b) feel that they are so invest in EMR that it would be silly to change.

I doubt there’s anything shutting others out other than Wacom likely wanting higher fees for EMR.

I reckon everyone else is just penny pinching. They’ll put up with a Microsoft ‘tax’, but EMR is too niche for them to put up with a Wacom one. Although if they’re making niche devices you’d think they’d take the hit and just pass it on.

It’s not like there haven’t been cheap EMR devices. Chromebooks even. And there’s still the Raytrek tablet.

Wacom may well not be willing to license EMR at a reasonable price if the device looks like it might compete with their graphics tablets though. So only things like the Acer Concept line are probably fine as they’re so expensive in general, so they can afford to pass on any high fees.

2 Likes