About the Digital Creations category

(Replace this first paragraph with a brief description of your new category. This guidance will appear in the category selection area, so try to keep it below 200 characters.)

Use the following paragraphs for a longer description, or to establish category guidelines or rules:

• Why should people use this category? What is it for?

• How exactly is this different than the other categories we already have?

• What should topics in this category generally contain?

• Do we need this category? Can we merge with another category, or subcategory?

@Hifihedgehog I figure I’ll work through the sub-categories gradually, starting with the ones that may need some more posting guidance or tweaking.

After some reflection, I propose we change the name of this sub-category to ‘Digital Creations’.

The reason being (as @SteveS alluded to), we want this to be a showcase of any creative work done on a tablet: much of this CG art, but it can also include CAD drawings and renders, audio and music, or even written work, either calligraphy, code, or plain-old prose.

DESCRIPTION

Share your digital artwork here: CG illustrations, 3D models, CAD drawings, music, handwritten or typed works. Bonus, we’re always interested to learn how you made it and what tools you used!

Building off the old Artists / Professions sections, it would be cool if we expanded discussion to how people created their work and what software they used.

We could use the pinned thread as a general showcase thread (started by @JoeS), but people would be encouraged to start individual threads to reveal a little of their personal process and workflow.

This kind of discussion is super interesting, because we all have developed a myriad if creative ways to use our tablets in our work and hobbies. Even something as simple as posting a screenshot of your UI workspace, could inspire other users to explore new software and uses for their tablets.

4 Likes

Awesome! I like the description and the new name. Feel free to change the name as well when you add the description.

1 Like

@Marty : Good idea!

1 Like

Hey sonic, when I push the ‘Edit Description’ button on the category admin page, it just takes me back to this thread.

Do I have to replace the text in the OP?

1 Like

Spot on. The OP of any “About the […] category” is the description for each category. Replace and done. :magic_wand: