2023 the year desktop OLED becomes mainstream?

We just got one of these in for testing this week. We haven’t done much more than set it up so far, but it’s been getting highly favorable initial impressions.

LG UltraGear 27" OLED QHD FreeSync and NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible Gaming Monitor with HDR10 (DisplayPort, HDMI, USB) Black 27GR95QE-B.AUS - Best Buy

As I’ve talked about before, there is a major perceptual component to what constitutes a “great display” including as discussed in the e-ink thread that higher contrast looks to most to be “sharper”

To wit, most that have seen this display have assumed it was a 4k display versus the QHD it is.

This one coupled with the new Alienware ultra wide are getting a lot of looks in our customer base.

What I’m looking at is how well they address two of my larger concerns with OLED generally which are color drift and maximum brightness.

I also think they are still slightly too expensive, but if/when they go on sale in the $700 range, they might get some serious uptake

What I don’t get is what makes this OLED worth twice their 4k HDR model:

1 Like

I’m going to guess that Adaptive Sync and 240Hz are a part of that. It’s aimed at gamers.

1 Like